Diligent readers of this blague will recall that last January, I made a series of daring forecasts about the year 2007. It's now time to review my projections and evaluate my record. I'm proud to say that a panel of independent experts has confirmed that I hit the jackpot. I scored an 8 out of 8, 100%, A+. I'm now a fully accredited prophet.
These were my 2007 predictions:
"1) there will be unusual weather patterns in North America;
2) a famous Hollywood actress will sue for divorce; moreover, another (or possibly the same) Hollywood star will become pregnant; another (or possibly the same) actress will gain and lose a great deal of weight;
3) a well-known athlete will be accused of taking drugs;
4) a politician will be involved in a sex scandal;
5) questions will be raised about America's food supply;
6) there will be either a monsoon, an airplane crash, or a capsized ferry in Asia--perhaps all three;
7) there will be fluctuations in the stock market, and, finally,
8) there will be turmoil in the Middle East."
Did I score big-time,or what? Note especially #4. How did I know that "wide-stance" would become a household phrase? Boggles the imagination. Moreover, stock market fluctuations have been greater than even I could have hoped for (same with Mideast turmoil). Concerning athletes and drugs, just think "Barry Bonds" and "Mitchell Report." I knocked that one out of the park.
Is everyone ready for my 2008 predictions?
I'm staying with 1-8. But I'm going out on a limb with #9: "A religious leader will be involved in either a financial or a sexual scandal (perhaps both)." And #10: "Questions will be raised about the accuracy of the vote count."
You read it here first. Loyal readers: check back at the end of 2008. Let's see if Dr. M. can top his scintillating successes of 2007.