I've been inspecting the entrails of slaughtered oxen and also observing the flights of birds. I've studied the movements of planets and tea leaves. I can now announce my predicitons for the coming year.
1) there will be unusual weather patterns in North America;
2) a famous Hollywood actress will sue for divorce; moreover, another (or possibly the same) Hollywood star will become pregnant; another (or possibly the same) actress will gain and/or lose a great deal of weight;
3) a well-known athlete will be accused of taking drugs;
4) a politician will be involved in a sex scandal;
5) questions will be raised about America's food supply;
6) there will be either a monsoon, an airplane crash, or a capsized ferry in Asia--perhaps all three;
7) there will be fluctuations in the stock market;
8) there will be turmoil in the Middle East;
9) a religious leader will be involved in either a financial or a sexual scandal (perhaps both);
10) the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq will not end.
You read it here first. Not for nothing that I've acquired the reputation of an inspired mystic, or shaman, or something. Nostradamus redux.